Sometimes you need to set some priorities about fishing and just get out there and toss a line. For me the enjoyment of fly fishing is in the act, the envorins and journey. Don’t get me wrong though, catching fish is intermingled with the act.
“Often I have been exhausted on trout streams, uncofortable, wet, cold, briar scarred, sunburned, mosquito bitten, but never, with a fly rod in my hand have I been less in a place that was less than beautiful.”
“In all things of nature there is something of the marvelous.”
“The angling fever is a very real disease and can only be cured by the application of clod water and fresh, untainted air.”
As I sit at desk eating lunch I thought – I wonder what fly fishing quotes are out there related to work.
Here are 5 Quotes related to Jobs and Work.
1. “The solution to any problem – work, love, money, whatever – is to go fishing. The worse the problem, the longer the trip should be.
- 2. “By the time I had turned thirty, I’d relaized two important things. One, I had to fish. Two, I had to work for a living.”
- ~Mallory Burton
3. “Most of the world is covered by water. A fisherman’s Job is simple. Pick out the best parts.”
~ Charles Waterman
4. “Work: a dangerous disorder affecting high public functionaries who want to go fishing.”
5. “A bad day of fishing is beter than a good day at work.”
I’ve got more fishing quotes coming so, please come back.
Faith, Family and Fish
Welcome to WishnIwasFishn! A blog about fishing; as an interest, life-style and with some entertainment value. For a historic reference today is January 30, 2015. Post number 1!
I though I’d start with a couple fly fishing quotes and pictures to inspire you and me on a cold January in 2015.
5 Fishing Quotes
- “The fishing was good; it was the catching that was bad.” ~A.K. Best
- “Fishings’ relaxing man… The most relaxing thing in my life. It’s therapy for me. I don’t think about business…sports. All I think about is catching the next fish.” ~Deion Sanders
- “Last year I went fishing with Salvador Dali. He was using a dotted line. He caught every other fish.” ~Steven Wright
Thanks for reading and continue to come back. I’m planning on posting a couple times a week. This is a working in process, don’t forget to bookmark me. David